Devil Belt Buckle

Finally my fascination with the occult and my need to keep my pants up coincide! The devil head I made months ago, then cast in resin, is now a belt buckle!
devil belt buckle

I drilled holes in the back of the head and installed some hardware. I think it may be generous to call what I installed “hardware” since I just bent pieces of peg board shelving brackets into what I needed. It nevertheless works.

devil belt buckle

Just to give you an idea of how the belt loops into the hardware, here’s a picture of the belt doing just that.

devil belt buckle

You may recall that the head consists on two parts: the horns, and the head itself. At some point it’d be fun to mold a pen into the horns, so you could detach them and write a mephitic contract.

devil head

New Years Projects!

Happy New Years, Friends!
Oh, how I wish these gaps between posts would subside, but alas, delicate adventures has me busier than an egg with arms and legs. Speaking of which, I just attended Newcon in Portland, Oregon. I peddled my guides to jerks, nerds, and rasslin’. Why just look at all these volumes!

da books

What else have I been working on, you say? I’ve been making pretty good headway on my thesis for my MFA program. In doing so, I’ve been getting more acquainted with brush pens, which I’ve come to love. Here’s a panel from my thesis.

noir

And here’s a self portrait I did with a different brush pen and ink wash:

brush pen and ink wash

And as far as design projects go, I’ve made some pretty neat molds. A while ago, I made a ceramic devil head, and I just recently got around to casting it! The horns and the face are separate molds, and I paint the eyes. I want to put hardware in the back and make it into a belt buckle.

d belt original d belt 2

My Own, Private Empire

I’m very excited to announce that I finally made a two part mold successfully! I’ve finally started making a private army of original Kenner Stormtrooper action figures. Most of these troops look like they’ve seen a lot of action: missing limbs, head cavities; you get the picture. Grotesque deformities and injuries not withstanding, I’m on the road to making two part molds more effectively.

Here is the mold itself. I’ve wrapped rubber bands around it to keep the seal snug.silicone mold

 

And we have a stormtrooper! Missing hands, but success for the most part.
stormtrooper

And an army soon grows!
stormtroopers

Xenomorph Eggs!

I have a tiny Xenomorph egg from an Alien toy, so I thought I’d practice mold making with it. Look how they’ve multiplied!
eggs

High Fives
DSC08302
Dog key chains
DSC08304
Bees of two sizes
DSC08305
3D biz card
DSC08306
Put this on bottles of poison.
DSC08303

Here are some of the molds.DSC08307
Here’s the mold from which each of these eggs came.
eggmold

 

Glazed: Lion Head and Boar Head III

I think I will make a plaster mold for casting ceramics, so I can make more of these boars. Overall, the third boar is a success, but I prefer the rough texture of the un-glazed boar.
glazedbor2 glazedbor

I think the glaze worked very well for the lion, though.
glazedlion2glazedlion

Decorative Skulls

My friend and I are trying to make a series of skulls to decorate, sort of like a combination of the Munny toy, sugar skulls, and Luchador masks. So far, I’ve made one ceramic skull that I like. I used some recycled clay that gave it a nice marbled effect when I shoved it into a plaster mold I made. Eventually I’d like to make a slip cast. This ain’t over…